CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Week 36 - August 17, 2009


3 weeks! I cannot believe how close we are to seeing our baby. This pregnancy really has gone fast. I’m sure these next 3 weeks will fly by.
I started training my maternity replacement, Marlene yesterday. She left Steve Ward and Associates about 7 years ago and she trained me as her replacement. So she still remembers how to do things which is a HUGE relief. We’ve changed a few things but she’s a fast learner and I’m so happy she’s going to be covering for me. I’ve temporarily changed my Fridays off for Mondays off as I will be training Marlene on Fridays. So this past weekend I had a 4 day weekend!
Friday I had Chad pull the rest of Lucas’ old clothes down from the attic. I went through and sorted the ones I wanted to keep and hung and tagged for consignment the ones I didn’t. That was a lot of work. I probably did around 7 to 8 loads of laundry. So I basically dedicated Friday for get ready for baby day. I washed down the cradle and mattress so that’s ready.
Had my 2 week appointment this week. I lost 3 lbs. So I’ve gained a total of 11 lbs! I’m so excited. I think my body has finally gotten rid of all that fluid they pumped me up with at the hospital. My feet and legs aren’t swelling as bad as they were last week.
I just knew Dr. Wingo would start checking me since I’m getting so close but he didn’t. I asked him why and he said he will not check me at all because he knows how this baby will be born. So no checks to see if I’m dilated. I was sort of bummed because I’ve been having tons of Braxton Hicks contractions and I thought maybe that would dilate me. But on the other hand, not having a doctor check for dilation is totally fine with me! I think I only dilated a finger tip with Lucas. So I probably have not made any progress.
No more ultrasounds unless there are any complications unless the baby is not moving, same as Lucas did. So I’m glad we got some great ultrasound pictures the last time we went.
The baby is still measuring 2 weeks ahead. Dr. Wingo said the baby will be around 8 ½ lbs which is close to what Lucas weighed, 8 lbs. 2 ozs.
I have 2 more doctor appointments and then I’ll be holding my baby. Gosh, it’s so close now.
I’m feeling fairly well and very surprised I feel so good. Getting tired earlier at night but during the day I feel really good. I just pray I feel this good during the next 2 weeks.
Bring on the jokes. Everyone is commenting on how big my belly is. I’m all baby this time and my stomach is HUGE. I don’t feel big until I see myself in the mirror and my belly is pretty big. I still can’t believe there is a true live baby in there. It’s a pure miracle. How can a baby fit into such a small space and live for days, weeks? You can tell the baby is trying to find room because I feel him or her stretching and is really quite active still. I keep telling them it won’t be long and you’ll have plenty of room to stretch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment