33 Weeks - July 27, 2009

Only 6 more weeks! These are going to be the longest weeks ever! Getting really uncomfortable at work. No swelling but it’s just hard getting comfortable. Over the weekend I have been getting things washed and cleaned for the baby. Organizing is fun when it’s for a baby.
My birthday is this week and Chad is planning on taking me to lunch at O’Charley’s on Thursday. I had a steak and baked potato a few weekends ago and have been craving it again. It was soooooo good.
Wednesday towards the end of the day I felt weird, uncomfortable and tired. Just not myself. Once I got home I didn’t feel well at all. Chad gave Lucas a bath and I went to bed around 7. I was up all throughout the night not feeling good. Thursday morning diarrhea set in and I felt horrible. Forget that it's my birthday! I called out sick, took a Phenergan and slept ALL day. Friday still didn’t feel well so I tried to get up and move around and thought that would make me feel better. I just couldn't do it. The house was a mess but I just didn't have the strength to do anything. My friend Kylene came over for a while and after she left I took a nap. By that night I had thrown up once but it was a tone of fluid. I tried to keep drinking but there was no way to catch up after that. Friday night was horrible. Finally by Saturday morning I called Chad (who was out garage saling) and asked him to take me to the ER. He had asked me before but I declined thinking only about how much money it would probably cost us. How stupid could I have been? So the whole way to the hospital I’m praying that God will help me feel better. We checked in and I started feeling ill. I asked where the bathroom was and the clerk handed me her trash can. I’m glad she did because I got really sick. I had no idea where all the liquid was from since I felt dry as a bone. They got me in a room and tested my urine and hooked me up to an IV. Nurse returned and drew my blood. It didn’t look good at all for me but the baby was totally happy. I was spilling ketones in my urine and my white blood cells were low. I was really dehydrated. Never knew diarrhea could make you be dehydrated. Duh! I definitely learned my lesson. I kept thinking I was going to be fine. Anyway, after being there for a few hours and 2 to 3 bags of IV fluids they decided to keep me over night. I still had ketones in my urine therefore still being dehydrated. So they moved me to a permanent room for me to continue being pumped with fluids. By Sunday afternoon I had had 7 bags of IV fluid! It was very miserable dragging the IV pole with me every time I had to pee and that was a HECK of a lot. Anyway, they took GREAT care of me and sent me on my way. It was sort of a trial run of when the real thing happens. We brought the laptop to the hospital and were able to get online. So after the baby is born we should have pics on the website as soon as I feel like putting them on there. I’m really excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment