CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Good Friday

Chad texted me Friday afternoon and said he was coming home in 5 minutes and to get the kids ready.  He said he was taking us somewhere for a surprise, don't ask questions and just jump in.  We hopped in the car and drove to Cook's United Methodist Church and saw this.






I believe a group of men decided to take turns at each cross for an hour and rotate off.   I am so glad Chad saw this earlier and decided to take the kids and me to see it. Totally the best Good Friday I've ever had.  I had chills the whole time.  There was a lady reading the story from the bible and it was so special and humbling.  I watched Passion of the Christ later that night for the second time.  I had seen the movie in the theater and thought I'd could never watch that again,  but I think I need to be reminded of just how much Christ suffered and gave up for me.

 This is what they were handing out to all those who stopped.  What a way to reach out to the community.



















We didn't make cookies but did toast and strawberry jelly instead.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment